- Transfer your domain to GoDaddy registrar.
Go to Additional Settings section, then press Manage DNS link.
In this section you will see the complete list of your existing DNS records.
- To add new DNS record press ADD in the lower right corner.
For instance, to add a domain record www.yourdomain.com, it is required to follow these steps:
- Click ADD link
- In Type select CNAME from the drop-down list
- In Host section introduce www
- In Points to field insert BeMob default domain
- Shorten the TTL for DNS settings to propagate faster
BeMob default domain can be found in Settings on the panel of tracker.
For tracking domain use ххххх.bemobtrk.com, xxxxx.bemobtracks.com, xxxxx.bemobtrcks.com
For cloaking domain xxxxx.bemobpath.com
- Click Save to see this record in your list.
It is required either delete existing entry with the same host value and try to add a record again, or edit the existing record by changing the host name.
www is not an obligatory host name, it can be any name, e.g. track, go etc, which will give you domains track.yourdomain.com or go.yourdomain.com.
Before adding a domain record in BeMob, make sure that your custom domain is set correctly as described above.
- Log in to your BeMob account
- Press Settings tab, then move on to Domains section
- Press Add custom domain button
- Select GoDaddy from the drop-down list. Click Next button.
- Introduce your custom domain in appeared field.
Press Check DNS. If BeMob accepts your domain after testing, it means that the domain record is set correctly.
Click Add domain.
With Godaddy it is not possible to add CNAME record for root domain. It means that you will not be able to add a CNAME record for domain without host name.
To set CNAME record for root domain we advice to use other domain registrar.
If you have any questions or need the assistance with the settings, contact our support team through the live chat or at email@example.com